OV5642 – 5.0 MP Mini Module:
The OV5642 – 5.0 MP Mini Module is an optimized version of the ArduCAM Shield Rev. C, which reduces the complexity of the camera control interface. It integrates the 5.0 MP CMOS image sensor OV5642, which provides miniature size as well as the easy to use hardware interface and open source code library. The ArduCAM Mini is easily connected to standard Arduino boards, but it can also be used with any platform, like Raspberry Pi, Maple, chipKIT, BeagleBone Black, as long as they have SPI and I2C interfaces. The ArduCAM Mini not only offers the capability to add a camera interface which isn’t available with some low cost microcontrollers, but also provides the capability to add multiple cameras to a single microcontroller.
This camera module is supplementary in order to fulfill the demands for different lens mount, field of view (FOV) and depth of the field (DOF). For the same sensor, the OV5642 5.0 MP Camera Module (which uses the ArduCAM USB Camera Shield) is another option. Also, see the ArduCAM Mini Multi-Camera Adapter Board and ArduCAM OV2640 2.0 MP Mini Module.
Lens / Mounts:
The bundled camera modules include the M12 LS-27227 lens and plastic mount, or the LS-6018CS NoIR lens and metal mount. They are also available without a lens – just a generic plastic lens mount to protect the sensor during shipping. The lens mount supplied with your lens replaces the generic mount. They may also be purchased with a higher quality metal M12 or CS lens mount. Or, they may be configured with a motorized IR cutoff filter mount (the user must provide the 5-18 V connection). Note the 8.5 mm M12 motorized IR cutoff filter does not fit properly on this board.
The key benefit of the standard lens mounts available with this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (7 mm, 10 mm, or 14.5 mm) for each lens selected if you chose an M12 metal mount option. Note, each lens purchased separately comes with its appropriate height lens mount (plastic for M12, metal for CS), so you may choose to purchase the camera with only a generic plastic lens mount (to protect the sensor). Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
- 5.0 MP image sensor OV5642
- 1.4 µm x 1.4 µm pixel size, 3.674 mm x 2.738 mm sensor size
- 1/4″ optical format
- Stock Lens, or M12 or CS Lens Mount options
- LS-27227IR lens supplied with the M12 bundled camera module
- IR sensitive with proper lens combination
- I2C interface for the sensor configuration
- SPI interface for camera commands and data stream
- All IO ports are 5V/3.3V tolerant
- Supports JPEG compression mode, single and multiple shoot mode, one time capture multiple read operation, burst read operation, low power mode, etc.
- Works with open source code library for Arduino, STM32, Chipkit, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black
- Compatible with MCU, Raspberry Pi, ARM, DSP, FPGA platforms
- 7 g / 39 mm x 24 mm x 21 mm
- OV5642 – 5.0 MP Mini Module w/ selected lens / mount option (qty 1)
- 8 lead jumper cable
- Note: System board (e.g. Arduino UNO Mega2560) is not included
- OmniVision OV5642 Datasheet
- ArduCAM Camera Shield Software Application Note
- OV5642 – 5.0 MP Mini Plus Camera Module Hardware Application Note
- OV5642 – 5.0 MP Mini Plus Camera Module Users Guide
- The user must provide the 5-18 V connection used for the motorized IR cutoff filter.