OV7675 – 0.3 MP Camera Module w/ Stock Lens:
The OV7675 – 0.3 MP Camera Module w/ Stock Lens (B0070) features the OV7675 color sensor from OmniVision. The sensor has a 1/9.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 2.5 µm x 2.5 µm, provides the 0.3 MP (640 x 480) VGA image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously, and compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
The lens and/or sensor have an IR cutoff filter, so this module is not suitable for IR photography.
Lens / Mounts:
This module does not have a lens mount, but relies on the stock lens supplied with the sensor.
In the Arduino world, a “shield” is a piggy-back circuit board that provides additional functionality to the development board. In this context, a camera shield provides the required interface from the camera module to your computer. You may choose to create your own custom-built hardware interface via the 20-pin 0.1″ pitch connector. Or, you may purchase one of the available ArduCAM camera shields.
The ArduCAM USB Camera Shield provides you a USB connection to a Windows, x86 Linux, Nvidia Jetson, or Raspberry Pi computer for these camera modules.
Open-source software and binaries are provided on the ArduCAM GitHub site (see link below) for these shields.
- active array size: 640×480
- power supply:
analog: 2.6 ~ 3.0V
core: 1.5V DC + 5% (internal regulator)
I/O: 1.71 ~ 3.0V
- power requirements:
active: 98 mW
standby: 60 μW
- temperature range:
operating: -30°C to 70°C (see table 8-2)
stable image: 0°C to 50°C (see table 8-2)
- output formats: YUV422, Raw RGB, ITU656, RGB565
- lens size: 1/9″
- input clock frequency: 1.5 ~ 27 MHz
- scan mode: progressive
- maximum image transfer rate: VGA 30fps, QVGA 60fps, QQVGA 240pfs
- sensitivity: 1800 mV/(Lux-sec)
- shutter: rolling shutter
- S/N ratio: 38 dB
- dynamic range: 71 dB
- maximum exposure interval: 510 x tROW
- pixel size: 2.5 μm x 2.5 μm
- image area: 1640 μm x 1220 μm
- OmniVision OV7675 Datasheet
- Online Documentation for ArduCAM SPI Cameras for Arduino
- ArduCAM GitHub Open Source Software for Arduino Compatible Breakout Boards
- User’s Guide for ArduCAM USB Camera Shield
- Online Documentation for ArduCAM OV7675 Breakout Boards
- ArduCAM GitHub Open Source Software for ArduCAM USB Camera Shields