OV2640 – 2.0 MP Camera Module:
The OV2640 – 2.0 MP Camera Module is based on the color OV2640 sensor from OmniVision.
The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 2.2 µm x 2.2 µm, results in the 2.0 MP 1600 x 1200 UXGA image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously, and compiles the image by scanning across (or down). The lens and/or sensor have an IR-cut filter, so this camera module is not appropriate for low-light photography. The standard lens mount for this module is the M12 mount, and ships with the LS-4011 lens. The key benefit of the standardized lens mount is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Note that this camera module can be special-ordered with either mount and any compatible lens.
You may use the ArduCAM F Shield Rev C+ or the ArduCAM LF Shield Rev C+ to connect to Arduino system boards. If you want to connect the OV2640 directly to Arduino or Raspberry Pi, check out the Arducam OV2640 2.0 MP Mini Module.
Use this camera module on a Windows, Linux, or Raspberry Pi USB connection with the ArduCAM USB Camera Shield on the primary interface (a 20-pin 0.1″ / 2.54 mm pitch interface), or your custom-built interface. ArduCAM supplies a wide variety of camera modules that are compatible with the USB Camera Shield, and all are available from DLSCorp.
OmniVision CAMERACHIP™ image sensors are low voltage CMOS devices. They provide the full functionality of a single-chip camera and image processor in a small footprint package. They also provides full-frame, sub-sampled, scaled or windowed 8-bit/10-bit images in a wide range of formats, controlled through the Serial Camera Control Bus (SCCB) interface. All required image processing functions, including exposure control, gamma, white balance, color saturation, hue control, white pixel canceling, noise canceling, and more, are also programmable through the SCCB interface. A compression engine provides for increased processing power. In addition, OmniVision CAMERACHIP sensors use proprietary sensor technology to improve image quality by reducing or eliminating common lighting/electrical sources of image contamination, such as fixed pattern noise, smearing, etc., to produce a clean, fully stable color image.
- M12 x P0.5 mount lens holder
- 1/4.0” sensor size
- 2.2 µm x 2.2 µm pixel size, 3.590 mm x 2.684 mm sensor size
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Standard SCCB interface
- 15 frames per second (fps) in UXGA resolution
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (RGB565/555), GRB422, YUV (422/420) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats, JPEG compression formats
- Supports image sizes: UXGA, SXGA, and any size scaling down from SXGA to 40×30
- Automatic image control functions including Automatic Exposure Control (AEC), Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
- Image quality controls including:
- color saturation
- sharpness (edge enhancement)
- lens correction
- white pixel canceling
- noise canceling
- 50/60 Hz luminance detection
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Board Size: 30.5 x 30.5mm
- Mounted with LS-4011 Lens
- 2.0 MP Megapixel OV2640 1/4.0 inch Camera Module (qty 1)
- LS-4011 lens with M12 mount (qty 1)