MT9V111 – 0.3 MP Camera Module;
The MT9V111 – 0.3 MP Camera Module (B0059) features the MT9V111 color sensor from Aptiva. The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 5.6 µm x 5.6 µm, provides the 0.3 MP (640 x 480) VGA image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously, and compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
These camera modules are sold with bundled with the M12 LS-6020 lens (with or without the IR filter) and plastic mount. They are also available without a lens – just a generic plastic lens mount to protect the sensor during shipping. They may also be purchased without a lens, but with a higher quality metal M12 or CS lens mount, or they may be configured with a motorized IR cutoff filter mount; for the motorized IR cutoff filter mount, the user must supply the 5-18 V power.
The key benefit of the standard lens mounts available with this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (7 mm, 10 mm, or 14.5 mm) for each lens selected if you chose an M12 metal mount option. Note, each lens purchased separately comes with its appropriate height lens mount (plastic for M12, metal for CS), so you may choose to purchase the camera with only a generic plastic lens mount (to protect the sensor). Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
In the Arduino world, a “shield” is a piggy-back circuit board that provides additional functionality to the development board. In this context, a camera shield provides the required interface from the camera module to your computer. You may choose to create your own custom-built hardware interface via the 20-pin 0.1″ pitch connector. Or, you may purchase one of the available ArduCAM camera shields.
You may use the ArduCAM F Shield Rev V2 (B0051) or the ArduCAM LF Shield Rev V2 (B0052) to connect to Arduino system boards. Open-source software and binaries are provided on the ArduCAM GitHub site (see link below) for these shields.
- MT9V111 color sensor from Aptiva
- Optical size 1/4.0 inch
- Resolution 640 × 480 VGA
- 5.6 µm x 5.6 µm pixel size, 3.580 mm x 2.690 mm sensor size
- Onboard regulator, only single 3.3V supply needed
- Standard 0.1 inch (2.54 mm) pin pitch header connector for ArduCAM USB Camera Shield primary interface
- Up to 30 fps progressive scan at 27 MHz for high quality video at VGA resolution
- On-chip Image Flow Processor (IFP) performs sophisticated processing: color recovery and correction, sharpening, gamma, lens shading correction, on-the-fly defect correction, 2X fixed zoom
- Automatic exposure, white balance and black compensation, flicker avoidance, color saturation, and defect identification and correction, auto frame rate, back light compensation
- Two-wire serial programming interface
- ITU_R BT.656 (YCbCr), YUV, 565RGB, 555RGB, and 444RGB output data formats
- 18 to 20 mm lens mount pitch (M12 or CS)
- 10 g / 31 mm x 28 mm
- ArduCAM MT9V111 0.3 MP Camera Module w/ selected lens / mount (qty 1)