MT9M001 – 1.3 MP Monochrome IR Camera Sensor on Adapter Board:
The MT9M001 – 1.3 MP Monochrome IR Camera Sensor on Adapter Board is based on the MT9M001 monochrome infrared sensor from Aptiva. The sensor has a 1/2.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 5.2 µm x 5.2 µm, results in the 1.3 MP 1280 x 1024 SXGA image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously, and compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
The lens and sensor do not have an IR cutoff filter, so this camera is suitable for IR photography.
Lens / Mounts:
This adapter board does not offer a lens mount, but uses a stock lens supplied with the sensor. However, additional camera modules with the same sensor are available from ArduCAM, with an M12 LS-6020 lens/mount, an M12 mount, a CS mount, or one of several motorized IR cutout filter mount.
In the Arduino world, a “shield” is a piggy-back circuit board that provides additional functionality to the development board. In this context, a camera shield provides the required interface from the camera module to your computer. You may choose to create your own custom-built hardware interface via the 20-pin 0.1″ / 2.54 mm pitch interface. Or, you will need to purchase one of the available ArduCAM camera shields. The ArduCAM USB Camera Shield provides you a USB connection to a Windows, Linux, or Raspberry Pi computer for these camera modules. Open-source software and binaries are provided on the ArduCAM GitHub site (see link below) for these shields. ArduCAM supplies a wide variety of camera modules that are compatible with their USB Camera Shields, and all are available from DLSCorp.
- Microsoft xbox360 Kinect original monochrome infrared camera module
- Maximum resolution 1280 x 1024 SXGA at 30 fps
- Maximum frame rate 30fps
- Shutter type: Electronic rolling shutter (ERS)
- Optical size 1/2″
- ADC resolution 10-bit
- Supports image sizes: SXGA, VGA, QVGA, CIF, QCIF, etc
- Extreme High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Standard I2C two wire interface
- Digital Video Port interface
- 34 pin golden finger FPC cable connector
- Easy integration with STM32, FPGA, DSP, Arduino, etc.
- 13 g / 41 mm x 40 mm x 28 mm
- MT9M001 1.3Mp HD CMOS Monochrome Infrared Camera Sensor on Adapter Board (qty 1)