OV5647 – 5.0 MP Spy Camera Module w/ Flex Cable for Raspberry Pi:
The OV5647 – 5.0 MP Spy Camera Module w/ Flex Cable for Raspberry Pi (B0066) is based on the OV5647 color sensor from OmniVision. The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format. The pixel size of 1.4 µm x 1.4 µm provides the 5.0 MP 2592 x 1944 QSXGA image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously. The sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
First, select your system board – either Raspberry Pi A/B/B+ or Raspberry Pi Zero. Next, select the NoIR Filter option for IR photography. If you are certain you’ll only want color photography, select Yes – IR Filter . The Raspberry Pi Zero option does not have the IR filter, so NoIR is not provided as an option.
This adapter board does not offer a lens mount, but uses the lens supplied with the sensor. However, additional OV5647 Camera Modules are available from ArduCAM, with an M12 LS-6020 lens/mount, or a variety of M12 mounts or CS mounts, or one of several motorized IR cutoff filter mounts.
Raspberry Pi Interface:
The camera module is a custom-designed add-on for the Raspberry Pi A/B/B+ or Raspberry Pi Zero system boards. The board itself is tiny, at around 10 mm x 16 mm. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it carries pixel data exclusively. A 15-pin flexible flat cable (FFC) connects the camera to the CSI socket on the Raspberry Pi; additional lengths of the FFC cables are also available.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- Fixed focus lens
- 1/4.0” optical format (sensor size)
- High sensitivity color sensor for low-light operation
- Standard SCCB interface
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (RGB565/555), GRB422, YUV (422/420) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats, JPEG compression formats
- Supports image sizes: QSXGA, QXGA, UXGA, SXGA, SVGA, and any size scaling down from SXGA to 40×30
- Automatic image control functions include: Automatic Exposure Control (AEC), Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), and Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
- Image quality controls include color saturation, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), lens correction, white pixel canceling, noise canceling, and 50/60 Hz luminance detection
- OV5647 – 5.0 MP Spy Camera Module w/ Flex Cable for Raspberry Pi (qty 1)