OV5647 – 5.0 MP Camera Module w/ Motorized IR Cut Filter
The OV5647 – 5.0 MP Camera Module w/ Motorized IR Cut Filter features the OV5647 color sensor from OmniVision. Raspberry Pi uses this sensor for their 5.0 MP camera. The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 1.4 µm x 1.4 µm, provides the 5.0 MP 2592 x 1944 QSXGA image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously. The sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
This camera module is supplementary to the official Raspberry Pi camera in order to fulfill the demands for different lens mount, field of view (FOV) and depth of the field (DOF). These modules offer M12 and CS lens mount with a motorized IR cutoff filter, with an optional lens bundle. Also, see OV5647 – 5.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Camera Modules for additional lens / mount options.
IR Filter / Lens / Mounts:
These camera modules are sold with a motorized IR cutoff filter, and optionally bundled with an M12 LS-1820 lens.
The key benefit of the standard lens mounts available with this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (8.5 mm or 12.5 mm) for each lens selected if you chose an M12 metal mount option.. Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
Raspberry Pi Interface:
The camera module is a custom-designed add-on for the Raspberry Pi system boards. The board itself is tiny, at around 36 mm x 36 mm. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it carries pixel data exclusively. A 15-pin flexible flat cable (FFC) connects the camera to the CSI socket on the Raspberry Pi; additional lengths of the FFC cables are also available.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- 1/4.0” optical format (sensor size)
- 5.0 MP resolution (2592 H x 1944 V)
- Motorized IR Cut M12 or CS Lens Mount
- LS-1820NoIR lens supplied with the M12 NoIR bundled camera module
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Standard SCCB interface
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (RGB565/555), GRB422, YUV (422/420) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats, JPEG compression formats
- Supports image sizes: QSXGA, QXGA, UXGA, SXGA, SVGA, and any size scaling down from SXGA to 40 x 30
- Automatic image control functions including Automatic Exposure Control (AEC), Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), and Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
- Image quality controls including color saturation, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), lens correction, white pixel canceling, noise canceling, and 50/60 Hz luminance detection
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Board Size: 36 x 36 mm
- OV5647 – 5.0 MP NoIR Camera Module w/ selected lens / mount (qty 1)
- CSI 150 mm 15-pin flexible flat cable (qty 1)
- This sensor does not filter IR light, but relies on the motorized IR cut filter for proper operation.