MT9V0XX – 0.36 MP Global Shutter Camera Module:
The MT9V0XX – 0.36 MP Global Shutter Camera Module is based on the MT9V034 color sensor (B0099) or MT9V022 monochrome sensor (B0109) from Aptiva. The sensor has a 1/3.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 6.0 µm x 6.0 µm, provides the 0.36 MP 752 x 480 WVGA image. What makes this product unique is this is a global shutter sensor, which captures the entire image simultaneously.
Lens / Mounts:
These camera modules are sold bundled with the M12 LS-6020 lens. They are also available with just a generic plastic lens mount to protect the sensor during shipping. Available separately are higher quality metal M12 or CS lens mount, or a motorized IR cutoff filter mount; for the motorized IR cutoff filter mount, the user must supply the 5-18 V power.
The key benefit of the standard lens mounts available with this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (7 mm, 10 mm, etc.) for each lens selected. Each lens purchased separately comes with an appropriate height lens mount (plastic for M12, metal for CS). Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
In the Arduino world, a “shield” is a piggy-back circuit board that provides additional functionality to the development board. In this context, a camera shield provides the required interface from the camera module to your computer. You may choose to create your own custom-built hardware interface via the 20-pin 0.1″ / 2.54 mm pitch interface. Or, you will need to purchase one of the available ArduCAM camera shields. The ArduCAM USB Camera Shield provides you a USB2 connection to a Windows, x86 Linux, Nvidia Jetson, or Raspberry Pi computer for these camera modules. Open-source software and binaries are provided on the ArduCAM GitHub site (see link below) for these shields. ArduCAM supplies a wide variety of camera modules that are compatible with their USB Camera Shields, which are available here.
- 1/3″ optical format
- 0.36 MP 752 x 480 MT9V034 color or MT9V022 monochrome global shutter sensor
- 6.0 µm x 6.0 µm pixel size, 4.510 mm x 2.880 mm sensor size
- 60 fps at full resolution
- 4.8 V/lux-sec responsivity
- 55 db linear, 110 db HDR dynamic range
- Single 3.3 V power input
- 0.65 g / 40 mm x 40 mm x 34 mm
- MT9V034 or MT9V022 – 0.36 MP Global Shutter Camera Module w/ selected lens / mount (qty 1)
- ON Semiconductor Datasheet for MT9V034 Sensor
- ArduCAM MT9V034 Camera Module Datasheet
- ArduCAM Camera Breakout Board Online Documentation
- GitHub Open Source Software for ArduCAM USB Camera Shield
- Application Note for ArduCAM MT9V034 Camera Module
- User’s Guide for ArduCAM USB Camera Shield
- The user must supply the 5-18 V power used for the motorized IR cutoff filter.
There are no reviews yet.