OV7725 – 0.3 MP Camera Module:
The OV7725 – 0.3 MP Camera Module is based on the OV7725 color sensor from OmniVision. The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 6.0 µm x 6.0 µm, results in the 0.3 MP 640 x 480 VGA image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously, and compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
Lens / Mounts:
These camera modules are sold with bundled either with a stock lens with a plastic mount, an M12 lens with a plastic mount, or an M12 lens with a 15.5 mm height motorized IR cutoff filter mount (the user must provide the 5-18 V connection). Unlike most ArduCAM cameras, you should not attempt to exchange the mounts (you may try to do so at your own risk).
These cameras have a fixed IR cutoff filter (except for the motorized IR cutoff filter), so they are not suitable for IR photography.
This camera module is available with two interfaces. The first provides a UVC-compliant USB 2.0 interface that works “out of the box”. For the second option, you will need to create your own custom-built hardware interface via the 24-pin 0.5 mm pitch interface. Be sure to download the OmniVision and ArduCAM datasheets for more information.
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (GRB 4:2:2, RGB565/555/444) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats
- VarioPixel® method for sub-sampling
- Automatic image control functions including: Automatic Exposure Control (AEC), Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), and Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
- Image quality controls including color saturation, hue, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), and anti-blooming
- ISP includes noise reduction and defect correction
- This interface is not compatible with the 15-pin Raspberry Pi CSI camera interface nor the 30-pin parallel camera interface.
- OV7725 – 0.3 MP Camera Module (qty 1)
- 20 cm 24-pin 0.5 mm pitch flexible flat cable (qty 1)