MT9J00X – 10.0 MP Camera Module:
The MT9J00X – 10.0 MP Camera Module features two versions of Aptina’s breakthrough low-noise CMOS imaging technology. The MT9J003 – 10.0 MP Camera Module is the color version of the sensor; the MT9J001 – 10.0 MP Monochrome Camera Module features the monochrome version of this sensor. Both camera modules are available with or without a bundled lens. This sensor achieves near-CCD image quality (based on signal-to-noise ratio and low-light sensitivity) while maintaining the inherent size, cost, and integration advantages of CMOS. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously, and compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
Lens / Mounts:
These camera modules are sold bundled with the M12 LS-18023 lens. They are also available without a lens – just a generic plastic lens mount to protect the sensor during shipping. They may also be purchased with a higher quality metal M12 or CS lens mount, or with a motorized IR cutoff filter mount (the user must provide the 5-18 V connection).
The key benefit of the standard lens mounts available with this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (7 mm, 10 mm, or 14.5 mm) for each lens selected. Each lens purchased separately comes with an appropriate height lens mount (plastic for M12, metal for CS). So, you may also choose to purchase the camera with a generic plastic lens mount (to protect the sensor). Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
In the Arduino world, a “shield” is a piggy-back circuit board that provides additional functionality to the development board. In this context, a camera shield provides the required interface from the camera module to your computer. You may choose to create your own custom-built hardware interface via the 30-pin 0.5 mm pitch flat flexible cable (FFC) – see the link below for the mating connector. Or, you will need to purchase one of the available ArduCAM camera shields. The ArduCAM USB Camera Shield and ArduCAM USB3.0 Camera Shield provide you a USB connection to a Windows, Linux, or Raspberry Pi computer for these camera modules. Open-source software and binaries are provided on the ArduCAM GitHub site (see link below) for these shields. ArduCAM supplies a wide variety of camera modules that are compatible with their USB Camera Shields, and all are available from DLSCorp.
- 10.0 MP (3856 x 2764) MT9J003 color or MT9J001 monochrome camera sensor
- 1.67 µm x 1.67 µm pixel size, 6.440 mm x 4.616 mm sensor size
- 1/2.3″ optical format
- M12 or CS Lens Mount
- LS-18023 M12 lens supplied with the bundled camera modules
- Rolling Shutter with Global Reset Release mode
- Improved Low Light Performance – equivalent level as CCD sensor to support Digital Still Camera applications.
- 1/2.3″ optical format
- Color (RGB) / Monochrome Bayer pattern
- 7.5 fps at full resolution
- 0.31 V/lux-sec responsivity using Aptina A-Pix technology
- 65.2 dB dynamic range
- Single 3.3 V power input
- 30-pin CSI camera interface – includes 50 mm flex cable
- 20 g / 40 mm x 40 mm x 31 mm
- ArduCAM CMOS MT9J003 1/2.3-inch 10.0 MP Color Camera Module w/ selected lens/mount (qty 1) OR
- ArduCAM CMOS MT9J001 1/2.3-inch 10.0 MP Monochrome Camera Module w/ selected lens/mount (qty 1)
- 50 mm Flex Cable (qty 1)
- Aptina MT9J001/MT9J003 Sensor Datasheet
- ArduCAM MT9J001/MT9J003 Reference
- Datasheet for ArduCAM MT9J001/MT9J003 Camera Module
- Application Note for MT9J001/MT9J003 Camera Module
- ArduCAM GitHub Open Source Software
- 30-pin FFC Mating Connector at DigiKey
- The user must provide the 5-18 V connection used for the motorized IR cutoff filter.