MT9J00X – 10.0 MP Camera Module:
The MT9J00X – 10.0 MP Camera Module features two versions of Aptina’s breakthrough low-noise CMOS imaging technology. The MT9J003 (A0096) is the color version of the sensor; the MT9J001 (B0096) is the monochrome version of this sensor. Both sensors have a 1/2.3″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 1.67 µm x 1.67 µm, provide the 10.0 MP (3856 x 2764) image. These are rolling shutter sensors, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously, and compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
Lens / Mounts:
These camera modules are sold bundled with the M12 LS-18023 lens (IR or NoIR). They are also available with generic plastic lens mount to protect the sensor during shipping. They may also be purchased without a lens, but with a higher quality metal M12 or CS lens mount, or they may be configured with a motorized IR cutoff filter mount; for the motorized IR cutoff filter mount, the user must supply the 5-18 V power.
The key benefit of the standard lens mounts available with this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available here. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (7 mm, 10 mm, etc.) for each lens selected. Each lens purchased separately comes with an appropriate height lens mount (plastic for M12, metal for CS). Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
In the Arduino world, a “shield” is a piggy-back circuit board that provides additional functionality to the development board. In this context, a camera shield provides the required interface from the camera module to your computer. You may choose to create your own custom-built hardware interface via the 30-pin 0.5 mm pitch flat flexible cable (FFC) – see the link below for the mating connector. Or, you may purchase one of the available ArduCAM camera shields.
The ArduCAM USB Camera Shields provide you a USB 2 or USB 3 connection to a Windows, x86 Linux, Nvidia Jetson, or Raspberry Pi computer for these camera modules. Open-source software and binaries are provided on the ArduCAM GitHub site (see link below) for these shields.
- Sensor: MT9J003 color or MT9J001 monochrome (Micron / Aptina)
- Full Resolution: 10.0 MP (3856 H x 2764 V)
- Optical Format: 1/2.3″
- Sensor Size: 6.440 mm x 4.616 mm
- Pixel Size: 1.67 µm x 1.67 µm
- Max Frame Rate: 7.5 fps at full resolution; 30 fps in preview mode (VGA and 1080p)
- Connectors: 30-pin 0.5 mm pitch flexible flat cable
- Mount Pitch: 20 mm only (M12 or CS)
- Board Size: ~40 mm x ~40 mm
- MT9J003 color or MT9J001 monochrome 10.0 MP Camera Module w/ selected lens / mount (qty 1)
- 2″ 30-pin 0.5 mm pitch flexible flat cable (qty 1)
- Data Sheet for Aptina MT9J003 Sensor
- Online Documentation – ArduCAM MT9J001/MT9J003 Camera Breakout Boards
- Data Sheet for ArduCAM MT9J001 Camera Module (March 2017)
- Application Note – ArduCAM MT9J001 Camera Module (August 2017)
- Online Documentation – ArduCAM MT9J001 Monochrome Camera Breakout Boards
- Online Documentation – ArduCAM MT9J003 Color Camera Breakout Boards
- GitHub Open Source Software for ArduCAM USB Camera Shields
- DigiKey 30-pin FFC Mating Connector