IMX219 – 8.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Camera Module w/ Motorized IR Cut Filter:
The IMX219 – 8.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Camera Module w/ Motorized IR Cut Filter features the IMX219 color sensor from Sony. Raspberry Pi uses this sensor for their 8.0 MP camera. The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 1.12 µm x 1.12 µm, provides the 8.0 MP 3280 x 2464 image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously. The sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
This camera module is supplementary to the official Raspberry Pi camera in order to fulfill the demands for different lens mount, field of view (FOV) and depth of the field (DOF). These modules offer M12 and CS lens mount with a motorized IR cutoff filter that is controlled on-board by a photo-resistor, with an optional lens bundle. Also, see IMX219 – 8.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Camera Modules for additional lens / mount options, including a software controlled motorized IR cutoff filter..
IR Filter / Lens / Mounts:
These camera modules are sold with a motorized IR cutoff filter, and optionally bundled with an M12 LS-1820 lens.
The key benefit of the standard lens mounts available with this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (8.5 mm or 12.5 mm) for each lens selected if you chose an M12 metal mount option.. Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
Raspberry Pi Interface:
The camera module is a custom-designed add-on for the Raspberry Pi system boards. The board itself is tiny, at around 36 mm x 36 mm. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it carries pixel data exclusively. A 15-pin flexible flat cable (FFC) connects the camera to the CSI socket on the Raspberry Pi; additional lengths of the FFC cables are also available.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- Sensor type: Sony IMX219 NoIR CMOS 8-megapixel
- Sensor size: 3.674 x 2.760 mm (1/4″ format)
- Pixel Count: 3280 x 2464 (active pixels) 3296 x 2512 (total pixels)
- Pixel Size: 1.12 x 1.12 um
- Lens: Optional – shown with M12 mount NoIR LS-1820
- Angle of View: Horizontal FOV 100 degree
- Video: 1280×720 binned and cropped up to 60fps
- 1080P cropped up to 30fps
- 1640×1232 full FOV binned mode, up to 30fps
- 3280×2464 full FOV, 0.1fps to 15fps
- 15 g / 36 mm x 36 mm x 28 mm (including motor power wires)
- IR: Sensitive to IR light, motorized IR cut-off filter included
- B0154/MI13 supports LS-6020, LS-8020, LS-12020, LS-18023, LS-27180, LS-27225, LS-27227, LS-30188, LS-30207, LS-36021, LS-40166, LS-81600, LN002, LN003, LN004, and LN005 lenses.
- B0154/MI09 supports LS-1820, LS-20150, LS-25180, LS-30188, LS-30208, LS-40136, LS-40166, LS-20150238, LN006, LN007, LN008, and LN009 lenses.
- IMX219 – 8.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Camera Module w/ Motorized Infrared Cut Filter and selected lens / mount (qty 1)
- 150 mm 15-pin Flex Cable (qty 1)