ArduCAM 8.0 MP IMX219 Raspberry Pi Compatible Color Camera Module with M12 Mount Lens:
The ArduCAM 8.0 MP IMX219 Raspberry Pi Compatible Color Camera Module w/ Lens Mount is based on the same Sony IMX219 sensor as the official camera. The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 1.12 µm x 1.12 µm, provides the 8.0 MP 3280 x 2464 image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously. The sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
This camera module is supplementary to the official Raspberry Pi camera in order to fulfill the demands for different lens mount, field of view (FOV) and depth of the field (DOF).
The lens mount for this module is the M12, and ships with the LS-40136 lens.
The key benefit of the standardized lens mount used for this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Note that this camera module is available as either M12 mount or CS mount only, for any compatible lens, sold separately. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (Short, Medium, Tall) for each lens selected. Each lens comes with an appropriate height lens mount (plastic for M12, metal for CS), so you may choose to purchase the camera with a generic plastic lens mount (which is in place to protect the sensor). Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
Raspberry Pi Interface:
The camera module is a custom-designed add-on for the Raspberry Pi system boards. The board itself is tiny, at around 36 mm x 36 mm. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it carries pixel data exclusively. A 15-pin flexible flat cable (FFC) connects the camera to the CSI socket on the Raspberry Pi; additional lengths of the FFC cables are also available.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- Sensor type: Sony IMX219 Color CMOS 8-megapixel
- Sensor size: 3.674 x 2.760 mm (1/4″ format)
- Pixel Count: 3280 x 2464 (active pixels) 3296 x 2512 (total pixels)
- Pixel Size: 1.12 x 1.12 um
- Lens: M12 Mount LS-40136 low distortion lens
- Angle of View: customizable
- Video: 1280×720 binned and cropped up to 60fps; 1080P cropped up to 30fps; 1640×1232 full FOV binned mode, up to 30fps; 3280×2464 full FOV, 0.1fps to 15fps
- 9 g / 36 mm x 36 mm
- IR Filter: Yes
- This is the IR filter version of the sensor, and is appropriate for color photography.
- IMX219 – 8.0 MP Camera Module w/ plastic M12 Mount (qty 1)
- LS-40136 Lens (qty 1)
- CSI 150 mm 15-pin flexible flat cable (qty 1)