Spy Camera Module 5.0 MP Color Sensor with Flex Cable for Raspberry Pi
The Spy Camera Module 5.0 MP Color Sensor with Flex Cable for Raspberry Pi is based on the OV5647 color sensor from OmniVision.
The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format. The pixel size of 1.4 µm x 1.4 µm provides the 5.0 MP 2592 x 1944 [QVGA | VGA | WVGA | SXGA | UXGA | QXGA | QSXGA] image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously. The sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down). The sensor has an IR-cut filter, so this module is not appropriate for IR photography. This adapter board does not offer a lens mount, but uses the lens supplied with the sensor. However, additional camera modules with the same sensor are available from ArduCAM, with an M12 mount LS-6020 lens, an M12 mount, or a CS mount.
The camera module provides a 15-pin flexible flat cable (FFC) interface, which fits the Raspberry Pi camera serial interface (CSI).
The Camera Module is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The board itself is tiny, at around 10 mm x 16 mm. It connects to the CSI socket on the Raspberry Pi by way of a ribbon cable. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- Fixed focus lens
- 1/4.0” optical format (sensor size)
- High sensitivity color sensor for low-light operation
- Standard SCCB interface
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (RGB565/555), GRB422, YUV (422/420) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats, JPEG compression formats
- Supports image sizes: QSXGA, QXGA, UXGA, SXGA, SVGA, and any size scaling down from SXGA to 40×30
- Automatic image control functions include: Automatic Exposure Control (AEC), Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), and Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
- Image quality controls include color saturation, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), lens correction, white pixel canceling, noise canceling, and 50/60 Hz luminance detection
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Board Size: 10 x 16 mm
- Spy Camera Module 5.0 MP Color Sensor with Flex Cable for Raspberry Pi (qty 1)
- Note: Raspberry Pi Development Board is not included