OV5647 – 5.0 MP M12 Mount NOIR Camera Module w/ HX-27227 Lens
The OV5647 – 5.0 MP M12 Mount NOIR Camera Module w/ HX-27227 Lens is based on the OV5647 color sensor from OmniVision.
The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format. The pixel size of 1.4 µm x 1.4 µm provides the 5.0 MP 2592 x 1944 [QVGA | VGA | WVGA | SXGA | UXGA | QXGA | QSXGA] image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously; the sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down). The lens and/or sensor have an IR-cut filter, so this module is not appropriate for low-light photography. The standard lens mount for this module is the M12 mount, and ships without a lens. The key benefit of the standardized lens mount is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp.
The camera module provides a 15-pin flexible flat ribbon (FFR) cable interface, which fits the Raspberry Pi camera serial interface (CSI).
The Camera Module is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of the CSI sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The board itself is tiny, at around 36 mm x 36 mm. One highlight of our module is that the lens is replaceable. This makes it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and image quality are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable; additional lengths of the FFR cables are also available. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- M12 mount lens holder, CS mount available
- HX-27227 lens, other lenses available
- 1/4.0” optical format (sensor size)
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Standard SCCB interface
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (RGB565/555), GRB422, YUV (422/420) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats, JPEG compression formats
- Supports image sizes: QSXGA, QXGA, UXGA, SXGA, SVGA, and any size scaling down from SXGA to 40×30
- Automatic image control functions include: Automatic Exposure Control (AEC), utomatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), and Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
- Image quality controls include: color saturation, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), lens correction, white pixel canceling, noise canceling, and 50/60 Hz luminance detection
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Board Size: 36 x 36 mm
- The HX-27227 Lens Specification :
- OV5647 – 5.0 MP M12 Mount NOIR Camera Module w/ HX-27227 Lens (qty 1)
- CSI 15 mm 15-pin flexible flat cable (qty 1)