OV5647 – 5.0 MP Camera Module for Raspberry Pi w/ Stock Lens
The OV5647 – 5.0 MP Camera Module for Raspberry Pi w/ Stock Lens is based on the same OV5647 color sensor from OmniVision as the official Raspberry Pi camera. The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 1.4 µm x 1.4 µm, provides the 5.0 MP 2592 x 1944 QSXGA image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously. The sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
This adapter board does not offer a standard (CS or M12) lens mount, but uses the “stock lens” supplied with the sensor. However, additional camera modules with this sensor are available from ArduCAM. See OV5647 – 5.0 MP Camera Module w/ M12 Lens for a preconfigured camera.
The key benefit of the standardized lens mount is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Note that this camera module is available as either M12 mount or CS mount only, for any compatible lens, sold separately. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (Short, Medium, Tall) for each lens selected. Each lens comes with an appropriate height lens mount (plastic for M12, metal for CS), so you may choose to purchase the camera with a generic plastic lens mount (which is in place to protect the sensor). Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
Raspberry Pi Interface:
The camera module is a custom-designed add-on for the Raspberry Pi system boards. The board itself is tiny, at around 36 mm x 36 mm. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it carries pixel data exclusively. A 15-pin flexible flat cable (FFC) connects the camera to the CSI socket on the Raspberry Pi; additional lengths of the FFC cables are also available.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- 1/4.0” optical format (sensor size)
- 5.0 MP resolution (2592 H x 1944 V)
- Stock lens
- 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Output support for: Raw RGB, RGB (RGB565/555), GRB422, YUV (422/420) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats, JPEG compression formats
- Automatic image control functions including Automatic Exposure Control (AEC), Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), and Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
- Image quality controls include: color saturation, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), lens correction, white pixel canceling, noise canceling, and 50/60 Hz luminance detection
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Board Size: 36 x 36 mm
- OV5647 – 5.0 MP Camera Module w/ Stock Lens (qty 1)
- CSI 150 mm 15-pin flexible flat cable (qty 1)