Motorized OV5647 – 5.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Color Camera Module w/ Stock Lens
The Motorized OV5647 – 5.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Color Camera Module w/ Stock Lens is based on the OV5647 color sensor from OmniVision. The twist is that the lens is motorized, allowing software control over focus, including autofocus.
The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format; the pixel size of 1.4 µm x 1.4 µm results in the 5.0 MP 2592 x 1944 [QVGA | VGA | WVGA | SXGA | UXGA | QXGA | QSXGA] image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously; the sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down). The lens and/or sensor have an IR-cut filter, so this module is not appropriate for low-light photography.
The camera module provides a 15-pin flexible flat cable interface, which fits the Raspberry Pi camera interface.
OmniVision CAMERACHIP™ image sensors are low voltage CMOS devices that provide the full functionality of a single-chip camera and image processor in a small footprint package. They provides full-frame, sub-sampled, scaled or windowed 8-bit/10-bit images in a wide range of formats, controlled through the Serial Camera Control Bus (SCCB) interface. All required image processing functions, including exposure control, gamma, white balance, color saturation, hue control, white pixel canceling, noise canceling, and more, are also programmable through the SCCB interface. A compression engine provides for increased processing power. In addition, OmniVision CAMERACHIP sensors use proprietary sensor technology to improve image quality by reducing or eliminating common lighting/electrical sources of image contamination, such as fixed pattern noise, smearing, etc., to produce a clean, fully stable color image.
The Camera Module is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The board itself is tiny, at around 36 mm x 36 mm highlight of our module is that the Lens is replaceable compared to official one, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and image quality are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- Motorized stock lens
- 1/4.0” optical format (sensor size)
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Standard SCCB interface
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (RGB565/555), GRB422, YUV (422/420) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats, JPEG compression formats
- Supports image sizes: QSXGA, QXGA, UXGA, SXGA, SVGA, and any size scaling down from SXGA to 40×30
- Automatic image control functions including Automatic Exposure Control (AEC),
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), and Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
- Image quality controls including color saturation, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), lens correction, white pixel canceling, noise canceling, and 50/60 Hz
- Luminance detection
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Board Size: 36 x 36 mm
- Motorized OV5647 – 5.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Color Camera Module w/ Stock Lens (qty 1)
- CSI 15 mm 15-pin flexible flat cable (qty 1)