ArduCAM 8.0 MP IMX219 Raspberry Pi Compatible Motorized IR Cut Filter Camera Module:
The ArduCAM 8.0 MP IMX219 Raspberry Pi Compatible Motorized IR Cut Filter Camera Module feature the IMX219 color sensor from Sony. Raspberry Pi uses this sensor for their 8.0 MP camera. The sensor has a 1/4.0″ optical format, which combined with the pixel size of 1.12 µm x 1.12 µm, provides the 8.0 MP 3280 x 2464 image. This is a rolling shutter sensor, which captures an entire column (or row) simultaneously. The sensor compiles the image by scanning across (or down).
This camera module is supplementary to the official Raspberry Pi camera in order to fulfill the demands for different lens mount, field of view (FOV) and depth of the field (DOF). These modules offer M12 and CS lens mount with a motorized IR cutoff filter, with an optional lens bundle. Also, see IMX219 – 8.0 MP Raspberry Pi Compatible Camera Modules for additional lens / mount options. One module choice has the IMX219 sensor with a motorized stock lens directly attached to the sensor with an IR filter (no changes are available). Other module options provide the same sensor, either with or without the IR cutoff filter, and with all of the standardized lens / mounts described below.
Select the NoIR Filter option for IR photography; you may also select a NoIR bundle option. If you are primarily interested in color photography now, but may be interested in IR photography some day, select the NoIR Filter option for the camera, but choose Yes – IR Filter for your selected lens. When you decide to try IR photography, simply replace the IR filtered lens with one that does not have an IR filter on it, rather than replacing the camera. If you are certain you’ll only want color photography, select Yes – IR Filter for the camera, and either IR option for the lens. The stock lenses have the IR filter, so NoIR is not provided as an option.
Lens / Mounts:
These camera modules are sold with an M12 or CS lens mount and motorized IR cutoff filter, and optionally bundled with an M12 LS-1820 lens.
The key benefit of the standard lens mounts available with this module is the simplicity in swapping the lens – fisheye, wide-angle, telephoto, zoom, IR or NoIR filter – all of which are available from DLSCorp. Click on the Camera Lenses product category for the complete selection of ArduCAM lenses. Be sure to note the compatible lens mount height (7 mm, 10 mm, etc.) for each lens selected if you chose an M12 metal mount option. Note, each lens purchased separately comes with its appropriate height lens mount (plastic for M12, metal for CS), so you may choose to purchase the camera with only a generic plastic lens mount (to protect the sensor). Click on the Camera Lens Mounts product category for information about lens mounts, including compatibility with the various lenses.
Raspberry Pi Interface:
The camera module is a custom-designed add-on for the Raspberry Pi system boards. The board itself is tiny, at around 36 mm x 36 mm. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it carries pixel data exclusively. A 15-pin flexible flat cable (FFC) connects the camera to the CSI socket on the Raspberry Pi; additional lengths of the FFC cables are also available.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- Sensor type: Sony IMX219 NoIR CMOS 8-megapixel
- Sensor size: 3.674 x 2.760 mm (1/4″ format)
- Pixel Count: 3280 x 2464 (active pixels) 3296 x 2512 (total pixels)
- Pixel Size: 1.12 x 1.12 um
- Lens: Optional – shown with M12 mount LS-1820 (updated HX-1820 with No IR filter)
- Angle of View: Horizontal FOV 100 degree
- Video: 1280×720 binned and cropped up to 60fps
- 1080P cropped up to 30fps
- 1640×1232 full FOV binned mode, up to 30fps
- 3280×2464 full FOV, 0.1fps to 15fps
- 15 g / 36 mm x 36 mm x 28 mm (including motor power wires)
- IR: Sensitive to IR light, motorized IR cut-off filter included
- B0154/MI13 supports LS-6020, LS-8020, LS-12020, LS-18023, LS-27180, LS-27225, LS-27227, LS-30188, LS-30207, LS-36021, LS-40166, LS-81600, LN002, LN003, LN004, and LN005 lenses.
- B0154/MI09 supports LS-1820, LS-20150, LS-25180, LS-30188, LS-30208, LS-40136, LS-40166, LS-20150238, LN006, LN007, LN008, and LN009 lenses.
- ArduCAM 8.0 MP IMX219 Raspberry Pi Compatible Motorized Infrared Cut Filter Camera Module w/ selected lens / mount (qty 1)
- 150 mm 15-pin Flex Cable (qty 1)